- Cyrus Nowrasteh film The Stoning of Soraya M.
- Critique of Moroccan film Amours Voilees by Aziz Salmy
- Iranian film The Hidden Half, directed by Tahmineh Milani
- Analysis of Ahmed Boulane’s The Satanic Angels/Les Anges de Satan
- Analysis/Review of “Biutiful” directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu (Inarritu)
Tag Archives: immigrant cinema
Set in the north-east of Morocco in the Atlas Mountains, Kassari’s film takes us into a small douar or village where the scenario is almost entirely populated by women, as the young men have left for clandestine labor in Europe. … Continue reading
The Secret of the Grain, English film release title, which also was released variously as Le Grain et le Mulet and Couscous, is Ahmed Kechiche’s third feature film, which has been reviewed variously by Roger Ebert (http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090121/REVIEWS/901219993/1023 ) and A.O. … Continue reading